Friday 8 January 2016

Things i've been loving so far!

I know we're only a week into 2016 but already there's been so many things I've been loving and i just want to share with you!

Firstly i want to share an easy and natural skin remedy that I've been using since the end of 2015, i came across it on good old Pinterest and i had to try it, personally i think it's great. If you suffer with acne scars, un even skin tone, dry skin, under eye bags, dry lips or any skin perfections, as a "night cream" mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with one drop of bio oil on a cotton pad and apply on your face, neck and lips- but try and avoid getting it in your mouth it tastes awful! this is cheap, easy and effective!













Next is a really easy 'DIY' but it's so simple i almost wouldn't class it as one, there's lots of things like this on Pinterest however i thought this would be a good idea for the new year.
It's a jar with lollipop sticks in, and on each stick is an activity that me and Chad can do together, every month we are going to pick one out. This is a good way of getting out the house and doing a variety of different things together!













Another favourite of mine are very new additions to my makeup bag but i love them already! It's a Mac lipstick in 'Velvet Teddy' i have been wanting to buy a Mac lipstick for so long and i finally invested in one, i have no regrets and i absolutely love this shade! I also got a lip liner in 'Whirl' which compliments the lipstick perfectly! Definitely worth the extra money in my opinion.














Here is what the combination looks like on me-






















Finally i have a book to read again! Last year i only read 2 books, this year wanting to read more is definitely an aspiration, when i have spare time anyway! I was lucky to receive 'All the bright places' by Jenifer Niven as a present from Chads parents (Thank you so much) as I've wanted to read this for so long, and although I've only read a few chapters so far, i am struggling to put it down! It is a very well written book and there will 100% be a review on this when i have finished it. I would definitely pick this up!














I mentioned how i loved Burts Bees products in a previous beauty favourites and i was delighted when mum gave this to me, I've been using these products for the last few days and i love them, especially the hand cream and the hand salve, although they have weird scents due to the natural contents of the products. In my opinion you can't beat Burts Bees!
  













In my 2016 aspirations post i said how i wanted to do some scrapbooking, and how i had purchased one from Hobby Craft, although i haven't done much in it yet, i couldn't resist but to decorate the front so i thought i would share it with you and i will definitely share more of it throughout the rest of the year!














The last time i went to town i purchased a few bits from jack wills, some joggers (which i have been living in) and a faux fur headband, although i already own a Dubarry one i find it a bit too big for my head, this one seems to fit better on my little head! Get one while you can as they are now reduced to £5! from an original £19.50.
























sorry for the bad selfie!

The final thing i have been loving so far is Twining's Soothing honey and Camomile tea, i have found it helps to relax me and is very soothing, i tend to drink it when i wake up and before i go to bed. I have to admit it does take getting use to from normal tea but it is so good for you and i love it. I have also been liking the energizing nettle tea!










What have you been loving so far? - Lauryn x



























No comments :

Post a Comment