Saturday 31 October 2015

Pumpkin and cinnamon squares!

I know it's a tad late as halloweens more or less been and gone, however I used this recipe tonight and I had to share it!

Firstly we need pumpkin so I scooped out the insides of the pumpkin and whilst I did that I couldn't resist to carve a face in the pumpkin! 



I then got all my other ingredients ready, weighing them out accordingly, for this recipe you will need:

4 eggs, beaten
15 ounces of pumpkin, or an alternative fruit such as oranges
1 1/3 cups of sugar 
1 cup of vegetable oil 
2 cups of flour/ gluten free flower in my case 
2 teaspoons of baking powder 
1 teaspoon of baking soda 
2 teaspoons of cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg/ ginger 
1 teaspoon of salt

For the cream cheese icing:
300g of icing sugar 
50g of unsalted butter 
125g cream cheese 

To start with i blitzed the pumpkin in the nutribullet creating a purée suitable for the cake mixture.


Then I preheated the oven to 200 degrees, find a tin and put it aside.

After I beat the eggs with the pumpkin, sugar and oil until it was well blended.





To follow I sived and added the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl.



I then added these two mixtures together and poured it into a brownie tin, placing it in the oven for roughly 30 minutes, or until you can stab it with a fork without mixture coming out on it. 



After it was ready I left it to cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes. Before icing it with the previously made cream cheese icing. 







These were appreciated by everyone  in my house and I personally liked them! Although I made these for Halloween I would definitely make them again and I recommend the recipe! 


I hope everyone has had a nice Halloween and also half term.



That's all for today, Lauryn x

No comments :

Post a Comment