Tuesday 27 October 2015

Autumn/Winter Beauty Essentials

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14522419/?claim=a7kmycheqfh">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

As the weather gets colder we need to take extra care of our skin, hair and lips as everything becomes dryer and in need of extra moisture, so i thought i would put together some products that i typically use in the colder months to keep my skin, hair and lips looking healthy!



First on my list is a body lotion/butter, this is used all year round however it is an essential when it comes to winter as we sometimes forget about our skin in the colder months as we tend to be wrapping up more efficiently and our skin becomes duller and dryer. 

I have been using a loving a Baylis and Harding body butter enriched with vitamins b and c ensuring that my skin stays bright, firm and healthy. I love the overall feel and result of his product as well as the smell,mandarin and grapefruit. 


also highly recommend the soap and glory body butter as it has such a nice consistency and is absorbed quickly!



My next essential is a lip balm, having dry, chapped lips is almost unavoidable in the colder months however using a lip balm regularly really can give your lips thr boost of moisture that they need.

Burts Bees lip balm is my holy grail when it comes to winter! It really is a good product as it is made of bees wax, moisture rich vitamins and other natural ingredients such as Acaf berry. Bees wax helps seal moisture into your lips and keeps your skin conditioned. I really recommend Burts Bees products as they stand out from all the other products! 



Before applying lip balm a lip scrub really helps to soften and plump your lips, I use this sugar based scrub from lush, it works a treat and the best part is you can just lick your lips afterwards!
 
 

Another of my winter must haves is a refreshing/setting mist from the body shop, this is a very versitile product as it can be used to initially set your makeup or just for a refresher, I love this throughout all the months however it's great to give our skin a moisture boost in the colder seasons as our skin can become dry and no longer has the glowy sun kissed look! Vitamin E is very important for tissue repair and moisturising our skin.



In winter our hands are prone to becoming dry and in need of some tlc so a hand cream is a must have, I can recommend several hand creams, firstly the almond hand and nail cream from the body shop, this is amazing for softening your hands and cuticles it is a really nice consistency and also a very distinctive but nice scent. 



If you are looking more of a high end hand cream then I recommend the lemon and coconut hand cream made by the jojoba company, enhanced with jojoba oils this hand cream really does make a noticeable difference to your hands and nails however is a little bit more pricey at £15!




The hand cream I am using at the moment is one that I picked up in tescos, it's the vanilla swirl cupcake hand cream by the brand happiness, firstly I love the cupcake scent of this, although this isn't quite as good as others I have tried I do like this product and will proceed to use it .


To finish I couldn't resist to mention this product again, it's the Aveda damage remedy leave in conditioner, I find that when the harsher weather comes along my hair can become a bit more brittle and dry and therefore this product is a perfect autumn/winter essential, I use a tiny bit through the lengths of my hair every other day, usually in between washes. At £7 for a 25ml bottle there are much cheaper leave in products however if you want the amazing results of this product I would say go for it! 



Also I would highly recommend that you give the R&B hair mask a go (from lush) as it made such a difference to my hair condition and also helped promote my hair growth! 



That's all for today- Lauryn x

No comments :

Post a Comment