Friday 22 May 2015

5 steps to help with stress and anxiety..


Anxiety and stress are things that everyone experiences throughout their lives. Some people (including me) have higher anxiety levels than others and that sometimes makes it hard to deal with, so I thought i would share 5 things that I do and use to help me relax and keep as calm as possible!

The first thing that helps me to wind down and relax is spending time outdoors, i love taking my horse out for a ride in the evening as I find if very therapeutic and stress relieving, whether it's going for a run or just sitting outside watching the sun set, the outdoors is definitely very healing.


The next thing that helps me on an everyday basis is rescue remedy! It's made up of flower essences which are very healing for the mind and body, although the taste isn't very pleasant it does wonders and definitely keeps me calm, it's also great in this spray formulation as it means I can keep it with me at all times! 

The 3rd technique for relaxation,although it seems very self explanatory is breathing! When your stressed or anxious the best thing to do is concentrate on your breathing! It's certainly easier said then done when you're in a panicky situation but the most effective way to do it is breath in to the count of 4 and out to the count of 7 meaning that you can balance your breathing rate and believe me it makes a massive difference!

Number 4 on my list is pamper yourself, take a nice bath, light some scented candles and watch something you like on Netflix! This is a great way to unwind and relieve stress especially after a busy day, it may only seem like a simple thing but it's easy to get caught up in what you're doing and forget to have some relaxation time..

The final technique I use is again very simple but effective, spending time around friends and family is a great way of dealing with stress and anxiety as it distracts you from your worries and results in you feeling more positive and comfortable! A shopping trip with a friend or a nice meal with your family is sometimes all it takes. 

No comments :

Post a Comment